What are your plans for the weekend? I know for me they’re to get outside and enjoy the nice weather! Here is a list of some amazing destinations that are less than a day trip away.
- Letchworth State Park is less than 45 minutes aways and features some beautiful trails. It was also ranked the Number 1 state park by readers of USA Today.
- Watkins Glen State Park is another option if you love the outdoors. It is a little further away (around an hour and 45 minutes away) but still has some spectacular sites. In the same USA Today readers choice poll, it ranked number 3.
- One of my favorite places to go in the city is Cobbs Hill Park. Though smaller than the previously mentioned two, it is the best place to get a view of the Rochester city skyline.
- Mendon Ponds County Park in Honeoye Fall is also a solid choice for a park that is a little closer to home. Mendon Ponds is the largest park in Monroe County and has some wonderful trails for hiking!
- If parks aren’t really your thing, you can always swing by the Rochester Public Market. If you haven’t been, it is the best place in the city to shop for fresh produce at affordable prices! RIT is running a bus to the market April 11th, 18th, 25th and May 9th leaving at 9:30 AM from Grace Watson Hall and returning at noon.
So which do you plan to visit? Drop a comment and let us know!